Tucson, September 10th, 2018 – Tugo Bike Share welcomes the return of the University of Arizona students, as well as a small break in the weather, with free rides to all current and new cyclists in Tucson for the week of September 10th thru September 16th. It’s the perfect opportunity to for U of A Students, Tucson residents, and visitors alike to change up their daily commute to work or enjoy a leisurely outing around town in a new and healthy way.
The program, operated by bike share provider Shift Transit, allows riders to go to any of Tugo’s 36 stations throughout Tucson select the “$0 One Day” pass option from the station on site or through the Cyclefinder app, available for download via the iTunes store or Android. Riders will still need to enter home address, phone number, and credit card info before accessing a bicycle. This will provide riders with as many FREE 30-minute rides as they would like throughout the week.
Tugo is made possible through a partnership with the City of Tucson who secured federal grant funding for the bikes and stations. Tugo would also not be possible without the generous support of Tucson Electric Power, Tucson Medical Center, Banner Health, Tohono O’odham Nation, Visit Tucson, Rio Nuevo, El Rio, Health On Broadway, Caterpillar and Tucson Roadrunners.
1. Go to any of our 36 bike share stations from September 10-16. Find your nearest station by visiting our System Map online or downloading CycleFinder.
2. Select “Buy a Pass” on kiosk touch screen and select “0 One-Day”, then insert your credit card and follow on screen instructions. You can also obtain your pass on CycleFinder by selecting “Unlock bike”, then “Buy a Plan”.
3. After completing the transaction, pick any bike and type in your code.
4. Ride through Tucson for up to a maximum of 30 minutes at a time. *Overage fees will apply if you go over 30 minutes.
5. Return your bike at any station and take out another by inserting your credit card, or by using CycleFinder, then repeat step 3-5. You can take as many FREE 30 minute trips as you like during the week of September 10-16.